The best 2 burner gas stove is basically one that runs on combustible gas such as propane, syngas, liquefied petroleum gas, butane, or any other flammable gas. It has two burners, and both give out the same heat, allowing you to cook in both.
Cooking on a gas stove not only reduces cooking time, but it also allows you to cook more than one dish at once go. Also, there are multiple burner options available as well, wherein your stove can have up to four burners!
Another very important thing about a gas stove is that there are certain gas stoves which are suitable for outdoors too. Thus, if you are ever out camping or out on a road trip, you could opt to carry your portable stove with you, to help you get settled anywhere for a quick meal! So, which gas stove you would prefer also depends on whether you intend on being on the road mostly, traveling through RVs and living off tents, or hoping to stay well tucked at home.
However, it also depends on where you’ll be requiring the burner – whether it is a household kitchen or a commercial kitchen, because that too will help determine the knob type, the number of burners, size of the gas stove, and some other key features.
- 1 What are the advantages of using a gas stove?
- 2 Best 2 Burner Gas Stoves – Buying Guide
- 3 Best 2 Burner Gas Stoves Reviews
- 3.1 HBHOB 12-inches Gas Stove with Thermocouple Protection
- 3.2 Deli-kit 12-inch Gas Cooktop
- 3.3 AUODGDNT Gas Stove Cooktop with Double Burners
- 3.4 FORIMO 12-inch 2 Burner Gas Cooktop
- 3.5 Camp Chef Everest Double Burner Stove
- 3.6 NOXTON Gas Stove Top with Dual Sealed Burners
- 3.7 OASD Built-in Gas Cooktop
- 3.8 NOXTON 30 cm built-in Domino Gas Cooktop Stove Top
- 3.9 Ramblewood High Efficiency 2 Burner Gas Cooktop
- 3.10 Thermometer 12-inch Gas Cooktop
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
What are the advantages of using a gas stove?
Some of the advantages of using a gas stove at home are
- A gas stove is especially suitable for areas that might suffer from constant electricity loss or stoppage, as it doesn’t run on electricity.
- You can maintain the flame level using just a knob. Thus, the heat requirement for every food item can easily be controlled.
- It helps to cook as well as heat up food items much faster than regular electric cooktops.
- It is extremely heat efficient, so you can make use of exactly how much you need without having to waste or spend extra energy.
- Its made using hard metal, so unlike a cooktop which can be prone to damages if not used properly, a gas stove manages to stand the test of time
- It is shock-resistant, waterproof, and also scratch-proof
Thus, without further ado, let us have a look at some of the key features you will have to keep in mind when you set out to buy a 2 burner gas stove.
Best 2 Burner Gas Stoves – Buying Guide
Given below is a list of certain key factors that you will have to keep in mind when you look to buy a 2 burner gas stove, so read on!
Factors to look for in a 2 burner gas stove
- The use of its ignition –A gas stove is usually separated and made available based on the type of ignition which is being used. This is important to know because it tells you the amount of energy being consumed by the stove. Some stoves can be extremely energy efficient while there are those which can consume a lot of energy to run, so remember to check this really well before buying the stove.
- The total number of stoves – Depending on the size of your household and the use of the stove, you can choose your gas stove. Usually, a small family that has around 2-4 members can do well with a double burner stove. Some stoves come with in-built cook-tops as well, which can be useful if you are looking to optimize your overall kitchen space. Also, it helps the kitchen get a very modern look as well!
- The metal being used – Since the atmosphere of a kitchen is usually steamy, most gas stoves are made with stainless steel, to prevent rusting that can happen through a steamy kitchen environment. This metal is both durable as well as stays safe from unnecessary damage. You can also find gas stoves that are made using fiber or glass, which looks really good in the kitchen but are extremely high maintenance. Thus, it would be sensible to opt for a material that provides adequate heating of the cooktop which is present, to prevent accidents that might happen from fire. Most importantly, try to opt for a gas stove that has multiple heat controls to be able to cook different food items varying in temperature.
- The budget and price range –This is one of the most important factors to consider when you set out to buy a gas stove. This is a long time investment and not one that you keep discarding from time to time, like every other electronic item, so quite a lot of thought goes into buying it. If you’re opting for a well-known brand, it is necessary to look at its affordability as well as durability. Also, it would help to opt for a stove which takes minimal time in maintenance and cleaning. The size of your kitchen space, the extend of insulation in the house, what fuel you’d like your gas stove to be powered by, are some of the key factors you will have to look at when you compare the budget for different gas stoves.
- The type of chimney attached – You might want to consider the chimney type of your house when you look to shortlist a gas stove. In case it has a flue attached to it, and then look at whether the gas stove fits in the right size or not. Also, in case you don’t have a flue, it might help to install a balanced flue, on any external wall in the kitchen right above your stove. You can consider Best Under Cabinet Range Hood chimneys as they’re best in quality and will serve your kitchen for a long time period.
- Type of gas being used in the stove – It is very important to check that the stove you will be opting for, is consistent with the type of gas that is being used at homes, such as LPG or natural gas or even a mainline gas. The type of fuel you use at home must go well with your new stove.
- The number of burners in your stove – Some gas burners come with umpteen features, and the number of burners is one such feature. You should choose a stove based on the intensity of cooking you will be doing and choose accordingly.
- Settings and functions of the stove – Most gas stoves vary in its features based on the brand you are opting to choose. Everyday cooking doesn’t really require extensive functions and basic features more or less do the trick. However, if you are looking to experiment with your cooking then it would be best to opt for a cooking stove that has a lot of different features and functions to it. Certain functions that you can expect in high-end stoves are – additional burners, storage cabinets, double ovens, BTU burners, multiple racks, and self-cleaning features.
- Space required for the gas stove – This is another very important factor to keep in mind. This will depend on the kitchen space you have at home and whether it is ample to store your new gas stove, in a way that there are adequate insulation and no leakage of gas in any way.
If you keep the above mentioned key factors in mind, there is no way you can’t own one of the best 2 burner gas stove around. So, let us now look at some of the best stoves currently in the market!
Best 2 Burner Gas Stoves Reviews
Given below is a list of 10 2 burner gas stoves which are not only quite sought after in the market, but are also some of the best!
The HBHOB 12-inches gas stove comes with double burners and has slope edged tempered glass. It can work with both LPG as well as NPG gas and also has thermocouple protection. Some of its other key features include
- The company HBHOB is one of the most professional cooktop makers
- It has a glass surface with electric ignition input of 110V AC input.
- It is a flame failure device that has a thermal couple as well as flameout detection in-built.
- It can auto shut off the gas supply
- Its dimensions read – 12.2 L x 20 W x 4.7 H. Its cutout dimension requirements are – 10.8 L x 18.7 W
- It has two burner cooktops which are LPG and NG convertible
- It is made of cast iron which ensures durability and longevity, making it both stable and supportive
- The panel is made of high-quality tempered glass and is very easy to clean
The Deli-Kit comes with dual fuel burners that are sealed and a tempered glass gas cooktop with a drop-in gas hob. It is available in two colors – black and white. Some of its other features in details are
- It is 12-inches in size
- It has a drop-in design
- Its dimensions read – 12.2 x 20.08. The cut measurements read – 10.8 x 18.5
- It has a knob control system
- The panel is made up of tempered glass along with metal bounds and is extremely easy to clean
- The support is made up of cast iron and ensures both durabilities as well as longevity
- It requires 110 V AC pulse ignition and makes use of natural gas to run
- You could opt for LPG as well, by using the connector with the regulator (to be bought separately)
The AUODGDNT gas stove cooktop comes with a 12-inch portable stainless steel gas hob which is in-built. Some of its other interesting key features include
- Its stainless steel cooktop is extremely easy to clean and is constructed using 201 SS Grade surface which is resistant to corrosion
- It has sealed burners which ensures that food spillage doesn’t enter inside
- Its 12-inch gas cooktop includes 2 highly efficient and sealed burners
- The dual burners include a 5000 BTU semi-rapid burner along with an 8500 BTU rapid burner
- It has a dual convertible gas supply which has been designed keeping in mind both liquid propane and natural gas. Although it is pre-set to natural gas, there is a conversion kit available for propane
- It has an electric ignition design which provides a pulse ignition of 110V AC power.
- It comes with thermocouple protection that ensures the flame immediately shuts off if there is no flame detected
- It comes with a 2-year warranty!
The 12-inch Forima 2 burner gas stove provides for a dual fuel option and is made using stainless steel as well as cast iron. Some of its other key features include
- The size of this gas stove reads –12W x 20L
- It has a stain-resistant surface made of stainless steel
- Its dimensions read – 11.4 x 19.7 x 3.9 and its built-in size is – 10.7 x 18.9
- It comes with melt-proof knobs which are made using bakelite and its heavy cast iron pan provides additional support and stability
- It comes with two high efficiency sealed burners, which includes one semi-rapid burner of 5000 BTU and one rapid burner of 6500 BTU
- Its dual-fuel gas hob has been designed for both liquid propane as well as natural gas
- It has an automatic pulse ignition which requires a 120 V AC power
- It is extremely stylish and elegant and is also rust-resistant
The Camp Chef Everest double burner stove comes with a three-sided wind barrier and is, as its name suggests, ideal for camps, making it portable in nature as well. Some of its other key features include
- It comes with dual burners which provide 20,000 BTU with each
- It has fully adjustable heat-control dials
- It comes with a convenient handle to carry around
- It provides for matchless ignition
- Its dimensions read – 13.5 L x 23.5 W x 4 H and it weighs 12 pounds
- It has a stainless steel drip tray which aids in easy cleanup
- Its burners are powerful and strong enough to withstand extreme windy conditions
- It has a regulator adaptor which is suitable for a 1 ib propane cylinder included
- It is ideal for outdoor trips and also has a bulk tank
The Noxton Gas stovetop is available in two colors – black and silver. Its ignition system type is electronic and it makes use of gas fuel, as its name suggests. Some of its other key features include
- This gas stove has two burners which provide for 10236 BTU and 5971 BTU respectively
- It is extremely energy efficient, has strong power, provides instant heating, provides full combustion and you can easily switch between different modes
- The cooktop is fixed and makes use of automatic thermocouple protection that ensures that the gas switches off automatically to prevent gas leakage
- It has stainless steel along with a heavy cast iron support
- It has bakelite knobs which are extremely durable and can be cleaned easily
- It has an easy installation process
- It comes with an LP gas conversion kit and this can be switched to liquefied gas as per your convenience
- It is very easy to use
The OASD built-in gas cooktop has a unique and enclosed chassis type design which ensures prevented airflow to prevent it from affecting the combustion stability when cooking food. Some of its other interesting features include
- Its cutout size dimensions read – 11 1/5 W x 18 ½ H
- It is preset for natural gas installation and also includes an easy to use conversion kit for liquified gas
- It comes preset with a nozzle for liquified petroleum gas nozzle and this nozzle can be replaced to meet your requirements
- The cooktop comes with a safe electronic ignition system that has one 1.0 kW or 3412 BTU auxiliary burner and one 3.3 kW or 4435 BTU wok burner which provides a total power of 7847 BTU
- It comes with the thermocouple flameout fault system that ensures the gas automatically switches off when there is no flame detected, to prevent any form of gas leakage
- It has a stainless steel top and its knobs are made of durable bakelite material. It also has a cast-iron grille which ensures easy cleaning as well as maintenance
- It has an enclosed chassis design that prevents airflow thus ensuring there are no side effects to the combustion stability when cooking
The Noxton Domino gas cooktop has an electronic ignition system and is available in two colors – black and silver. Its other features include
- It has two burners which provide 10236 BTU and 5971 BTU energy output each
- The gas cooktop is fixed into the stovetop and makes use of automatic thermocouple protection which switches off the gas automatically to help prevent gas leakage
- It is made using high-grade polished glass that has matte enamel support which helps to prevent rusting and is both non-toxic and safe
- It is extremely easy to clean and has a high hardness as well as resistance to high temperature. It also has wear-resistant insulation and also no discoloration
- It has an in-built flame failure device which is a reliable and safe cooking
- It comes with a black glass gas hob which is a plug and goes unit which is extremely easy to install
- It has an electronic ignition system thus doesn’t require any batteries to run
- It has a heavy cast iron support and also an FFD or flameout protection device pre-installed in each burner
- It is extremely easy to operate thanks to its rotating control as well as both accurate and flexible gas control
- The package includes an LPG conversion kit
If you are looking for a good 2 burner gas stove, then this particular one from the house of Ramblewood is sure to fit the bill. It comes in a silver stainless steel color and is of 12-inches. Its other interesting features include
- This gas stove has been ETL certified from the USA
- It has a natural gas preset but also has propane and LPG conversion burner valve/orifice included in the pack
- It has two sealed burners which provide an electric ignition of 110 V AC
- Its top hob provides a maximum power of 8400 BTU whereas the lower hob provides 5800 BTU
- The cooktop dimension read – 12 W x 20 D
- It has an off the grid feature that allows the burner to be lit using a matchstick in case of loss of power
- It has a stainless steel surface along with a heavy cast iron pot for a stand
- It has a thermal couple module which comes with a feature flame out failure detection system in-built, which also allows for the gas supply to be shut off automatically
- It comes with a one year warranty
The last one in our list of some of the best 2 burner gas stoves is the Thermomate gas cooktop which is also available in three other sizes, with up to five burners, in case you’d want to consider something bigger. Some of its other key features include
- It is 12-inches in size
- Its fuel type is propane and natural gas
- It comes in silver
- It has two highly efficient burners. One of the burners gives out 9500 BTU and is a triple ring wok burner whereas the other is a semi-rapid burner of 5000 BTU. Each of the burners provides an even distribution of heat allowing for all types of cooking
- It comes with flameout protection and it is controlled by but a push-type switch that rotates and also prevents accidents by children
- It is equipped with a thermocouple flame out fault system that makes sure the gas is automatically switched off when there is flame being detected
- It has the ability to deliver a maximum power of 14500 BTU which can power both natural gas and propane
- It comes pre-equipped with both natural gas and LPG nozzles
- It is constructed using 304 stainless steel making it not just easy to clean but also easy to maintain, ensuring longevity and durability
- The front knobs are made of plastic metal, so they have the ability to withstand high temperatures and its heavy-duty cast-iron grates which are flat ensures that your utensil stays put and doesn’t move much
- It has a very stylish design
- It comes with a 120 V AC power cable and pulse ignition which is 4.9 feet
Finding a good 2 burner gas stove may not be the easiest task there is, but it also isn’t impossible to find a good one. If you keep all the factors we’ve stated above in mind, you’re sure to get what you are looking for. In fact, through the ten products listed above, we have tried to ease out your search a little, by giving you some of the best options in the market to choose from. All the products listed above are equally good and we have also included a couple of stoves which you can use outside, in camps or barbecues, in case you’d want to take your party outside!
Choose any of the gas stoves mentioned and ensure that your cooking gets the best equipment necessary and leaves you wanting to enter the kitchen a bit too frequently!
You can read more information about the best 2 burner gas grill here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which are some of the best 2 burner gas stoves?
Ans. From all the ones mentioned above, each of them is unique in its own right and each of them is equally good. However, if we had to pick out a few, based on our choice for you, we would suggest – Thermomate 12-inch cooktop, Ramblewood High Efficiency 2 Burner Gas Cooktop, and NOXTON Gas Stove Top with Dual Sealed Burners.
How to clean a 2 burner gas stove?
Ans. You can clean your 2 burner gas stove just like your regular gas stove and if it is made of stainless steel then the clean process becomes a bit more hassle-free. Glass requires a little extra effort in maintenance, but it looks good in the kitchen.
Why opt for a 2 burner gas stove?
Ans. If you’ve got a small family or the number of people who might come over not more than 4-5 then it makes sense in buying a double burner because it more than suffices for all that you’d need to cook. Also, it is comparatively more compact than other stoves which have multiple burners, and keeping them might end up becoming a hassle.
Will a 2 burner gas stove be sufficient for an outdoor party?
Ans. If it is a small gathering of people, then a 2 burner portable stove should be more than enough to help get your food ready in absolutely no time. However, if it is a bigger party, then a four-burner stove might be a better option. Basically, it all boils down to the number of people you will be catering to at one go, and nothing else.