Everyone loves to barbeque. Don’t they? The smell of grilled food is something that makes you want to eat the entire platter all by yourself. And when the food is cooked together with the family in the backyard just acts as a cherry on top of the whole situation.
Sometimes in a family, there is a lot of heated discussion about what food is to be served on a Sunday morning, some would want burgers while others would want to settle for plain grilled veggies, you cannot force someone to eat a dish that is not as per liking. There seems to be a never-ending fight on this topic. But the best flat top grill comes up with a solution to cooking various food items all at once.
- 1 Best Flat Top Grill – Buying Guide
- 2 Best Flat Top Grill Reviews
- 3 FAQs
Best Flat Top Grill – Buying Guide
From burgers to veggies and hash browns to pancakes you can cook all of these food items together on the best flat top grill and never disappoint anyone ever again. The flat-top grills are used to grill food without excessive fat. The plates in the grills get super hot cooking the food from inside out without any extra calories from oil. This is one of the healthiest options to cook various types of meats perfectly.
Factors to look for in a best flat top grill
Flat top grills are supposed to be perfect as they are responsible for the great food on a family get together or a relaxing day in your garden. If the food isn’t nice then there is quite a possibility that your perfect day could get ruined at the beginning itself and this is something you surely would not want it.
To prevent your perfect day from going into the trash we have to look at a lot of things before buying the best flat top grill. Let us take a look at each of the details carefully and make sure we only buy ourselves the best.
- Power supply:
The first and the foremost thing that you should take care of in the best flat top grill is how it is powered. There are different variants in a flat top burner some of them run on electricity whereas some of them run in gas and coal as well according to your convenience you may use one accordingly.
However, the traditional flat-top frill worked with coal, and with an evolution of the kitchen industry people started switching to gas burners whilst some of them use electrically heated ones. The ritual of grilling food dates back to the first time when man used to skewer his food and cook it over the fire in the wilds.
- British thermal unit:
British thermal unit is the unit for the measurement of energy. When you buy any stove burner or anything that you cook food on you always come across this particular unit of measurement. This is because the amount of energy that is generated when you are putting on the flame is calculated by the BTU’S.
The higher the BTU, the lesser the time your food is cooked. Whereas a smaller unit of BTU indicates that the food may take a lot of time since the energy that is generated by the stove is not much higher. So you may always want to opt-in for the variant that generates higher energy, that is, the one with higher BTU’s.
- Size of the flat top grill:
This is another basic yet important feature that you should look for in the best flat top grill before buying. It sometimes happens that you buy a flat top Grill which does not even fit in your garden or anywhere else where you put it and then it becomes a major headache for you.
Always take measurements of the place where you going to put it along with you. Check the measurements with the size of the flat top Grill it should always be lower than the place where you want to put it that is the only way where you can accommodate it in your house efficiently. In other words, know the width and the length of the flat top grill beforehand.
Portability is another factor that comes when you have to purchase the best flat top grill. Most of them are portable but some of them are not they can’t be moved from one stand to another whereas the portable flat-top grills can be put inside a truck or a minivan as per your convenience and can be used over there also. If you own a food truck the flat top grill is the best option for you.
- The material of the grill grate:
Most of the grill grade material is made up of cast iron or stainless steel but when it comes to choosing one you should always off for the stainless steel one because cast iron one day or another the iron grill grates will start to chip and crack due to the rust that accumulates over iron surfaces when kept under moisture. Stainless steel grill grates have no such issues and can work for almost a lifetime until you have that flat top grill.
- Price range:
Last but not least you should always check your budget and find the grill that fits in it. There are so many types of flat-top grills available like the electric grill, smoker grill, the one that runs on charcoal and also the gas grill it will be very confusing for you to buy the one which fits in your budget but you should always check in your pocket first and then you should go for the flat top grill that fits in your budget and has all the features that you need accordingly.
Best Flat Top Grill Reviews
The first one in the list for the best flat top grill is this superb variant from Blackstone. This grill features a 28 inch out of laptop class and also has two burners.
Features of this product:
- With the help of this flat top grill, you can cook in a restaurant-style with a flat top grilling of 470 square inches.
- You can easily cook X pancakes and grilled cheese or cook patties for your burgers on this grill.
- This grill also houses two bottom shelves and 2 side shelves for preparation and food storage.
- The best flat top grill is powered by a battery and features a powered push-button ignition. A simple click on the button of your grill and it is ready to cook food.
- It can be easily transported as has wheels and a removable Griddle top.
- Burners are made up of stainless steel coated with a black steel frame and rolled steel cooktop.
- You can clean it just by simple Breeze of your cloth on the burners.
- It also comes with controllable heat zones BTU independently controlled burners one of 15,000 BTU which makes a total of 30000 BTU and can be controlled from low to high accordingly
Another variant from Blackstone which comes with 4 burners. This is a propane-fueled professional flat top grill. It has many eye-catching features that you should opt for this one if you are living in a large family and need to Grill many things at one time.
Features of this product:
- This is a 36-inch screen that can be easily assembled and ignited with a press of a button.
- The griddle top is easily removable with a carbon 7-gauge Steel griddle top.
- Therefore independently control the furnace with a temperature setting from high to low provide several cooking options.
- Four caster wheels in which two are lockable provide set an industrial strength.
- The body is made up of stainless steel and so are the burners the service is thick rolled steel for heat retention uneven distribution.
This is a perfectly flat top grill for people who do not have a load of cooking to be done. It comes with two burners and is perfect for a small family. Equipped with other features like powerful heating and a wide area over the grill makes it an ideal choice for the best flat top grill.
Features of this product:
- With a spacious cooking surface of 486 square inches, this grill provides a large area for cooking your meats perfectly.
- The surface of the griddle is coated with a glossy finish of ceramic.
- The heating burners are quite powerful with each burner of 13,000 BTU and a total of 2600 BTUs for powerful cooking.
- The grill starts with the touch of a button that ignites a spark.
- This flat top frill also has an efficient grease management system for an effective cleanup experience.
- This can also be transported easily as it has 2 large caster wheels that make it as easy as a slide of the finger.
This is also one of the best flat-top grills that the market has to offer. This grill has a unique design of a wide griddle surface up to 604 sq inches. Powerful burners cook your food even before you could know and also it is quite spacious to hold all items for your needs.
Features of this product:
- It includes a huge interchangeable flat top girdle.
- With a wide griddle surface of 604 square inches which provides a cooking area of 501 square inches, this is a perfect choice.
- The power of the burners is 12000 BTU each and those are a total of four in number.
- It also has two large folding shelves which are spacious enough for all your needs.
Probably the best flat top grill out there. This grill has everything that you could ask for. It is a professional restaurant-quality flat top grill powered by charcoal. It also has an advanced portable grilling charcoal oven.
Features of this product:
- It comes in two parts of a sub furnace and a mother furnace along with a stainless steel insulation area and a barbeque area that can meet the requirements of 20-22 people in a single row.
- It has a chrome-plated anti-scalding handle for a better grip.
- It is a traditional charcoal grill with a smoker combination just like the old times.
- The offset smoker can be used as a small grill itself.
- The charcoal is to be used as the fuel and also small amount of wood chips can be added for enhanced flavor.
- Also have features like a temperature gauge, smokestack, scald proof handle, and seamless connection.
- It is also easily portable and can withstand up to 400 degrees of temperature easily.
For a healthy and hearty vacation, flat-top grills are something that has become an inevitable part of our life. This is something that you cannot miss on a family barbeque. There won’t be any barbeque without the flat-top grills but to make everything go smooth and sound you ought to have the best flat top grill on your side.
You can buy any flat top grill with the features you want just make sure you buy the best in class so that it does justice to you and your veggies as well as delicious meats you plan to cook on it. You can read here about the best griddlers which are available in the market.
What is the best flat top grill?
Any flat top grill with the highest BTU is the one that is the best it takes lesser time to get your food prepared for the show and also opt-in for the one with the wider surface area so that you can serve more people at one time.
What material should be considered for the grill material?
Usually, cast iron and stainless steel are the options that are available but you should choose stainless steel as cast iron is more likely to rust. Also, ceramic grills are available.
How to clean the flat top grill after cooking?
Most of the flat top grills can be cooked by a gentle wipe by the cloth because they are made of stainless steel material.
How to season flat top grill?
You can use a little bit of rock salt or pepper on your flat top grill.