As it is said that the way to a person’s heart is through the stomach, food can help please someone too. Well, there’s nothing that food can’t do. But is it really necessary that yummy food can only be eaten at restaurants or hotels? No! Whatever cuisine or whichever variety of food, all it needs is some interest to eat and love to cook!
At times, we really run out of time yet crave for something yum. It might seem difficult to cook a meal due to lack of proper appliances. The thing is, sometimes we don’t need many appliances but just one for a perfect meal. One single appliance which could cook all kinds of food right from toasting, frying–shallow, stir and pan, grilling, roasting baking etc. is the one that always saves the day. Wonder what am I talking about? The best flat top grills.
From delicate foods like omelettes, tacos, noodles, sautéed veggies etc. to barbeque foods like sausages, hamburgers, hotdogs etc. everything is possible with the best flat top grills. It’s generally a flat piece of steel coated with chrome available in both electric and gas versions. The gas version can be used with both natural gas and propane. Now we know what to look for, let’s quickly check the factors to be considered before buying.
Factors to look for:
- Grill Plate Thickness:
To handle the stress of continuous heating and cooling, the grill plate has to be more durable which means it has to be thicker. The more is the plate thickness, the better it can handle the cooking stuff without wear and tear. Also, more thickness means the heat produced stays longer.
- Grill Plate Finish:
The plate is generally made of steel or alloys of steel coated with non-porous chrome. As the surface is non-porous, the chances of retaining the flavours and elements of previously cooked foods are negligible. This also makes the job of cleaning easier by not allowing the food to stick to the plate and as it doesn’t require oil for cooking.
- Grill Power Consumption:
The grill which consumes more power (electrical) or more fuel (natural gas or propane in non-electrical)is not a good choice as it increases costs either way. So the best flat top grills should always be optimum in consuming fuel both ways.
- Grill Size:
The grill which occupies comparatively less space saves the day as it is not robust. So as per the kitchen requirements, the best flat top grill with optimal size can be chosen.
- Grill Burner BTU’s:
This is the most important factor to look for while buying a flat top grill. BTU is the amount of heat generated by the appliance. The more is the BTU value of the burner, the more efficient the machine is.
Now that we know what to look for while choosing the best flat top grills, let’s quickly go through some of the grills available on amazon.com.
Royal GourmetGas Grill:
The Royal Gourmet is a PD1300 portable gas grill which uses propane gas as the fuel. Available in various colours, it offers the following features:
- 3 separate burners with a capacity of 9,000 BTU each for better cooking efficiency.
- A Porcelain enamel grilled top which is easy to clean and use.
- Piezo ignition system with long-lasting stainless steel panels for better performances.
- Dedicated side grease cup to collect excess oil while cooking and for cleaning convenience.
With included regulator tank of 20 lb capacity and table-top LP gas grill, along with indoor purposes, this grill is easier to take along while camping.
The Blackstone Profession 36-inch outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill also uses propane gas as fuel and is very easy to assemble. Its features are:
- A rolled carbon 7-grade steel top for the efficient functioning of the grill.
- 4 independent burners with high to low controls for multifaceted cooking of all varieties of food like meat, fish, vegetables etc.
- Stainless steel burners along with a thick rolled surface which is made of steel for radial distribution of heat.
- Caster wheel arrangement of the legs for easy movement of the grill.
Offering 60,000 BTU capacity of power, and gives it’s best for both home and outdoor cooking, the Blackstone grill is the one to consider when we’re looking for the best flat top grills.
Cuisinart Grill is a simple 22-inch stainless steel flat top grill mostly used for outdoor purposes. With easy assembly, it also offers the following features:
- Two independent control burners with a capacity of 15,000 BTU each for all kinds of cooking.
- An over-sized grease pan with an included and removable grease cups to naturally collect excess oil while cooking.
- Dedicated paper towel holder underneath the pan for easy usage.
- A stainless steel lid for diverse cooking and to control the wind flow.
- A grill set with various kinds of grilling tools which can be used for better quality cooking and 2circular wire racks.
The circular wire racks help in even distribution of heat while cooking and prevent the food from becoming soggy while being cooled. As it occupies very limited space, carrying this grill anywhere for prepping delicious food is not at all difficult. The Cuisinart grill can also be used at home and we can still save a lot of place in the kitchen.
The Royal Gourmet PD 1301R portable gas grill as in the name is portable and can be easily carried anywhere and the best flat top grills for outdoor cooking. Its features are:
- Sturdy feet for increased stability of the grill to avoid unnecessary movement of it while in use.
- 3 separate burners which offer 25,500 BTUs together for easy and fast cooking.
- Piezo ignitor with 312 sq. inch cooking surface.
- Dedicated grease cup for collecting residues of oil remains during cooking.
- Detachable grill top for convenient usage and cleaning.
The Porcelain-coated top is non-porous and is non-sticky. It makes the food quality even better both in cooking and taste. A specially designed PVC coated extra thick grill cover is included with the package to prevent the grill from wear and tear.
This is another variant of the Blackstone Gas Grill mentioned above which comes with a 28-inch flat top. It offers 448 sq. inch top surface along with the following features:
- 2 independent burners for a variety of cooking techniques.
- Foldable equipment for convenient usage and storage.
- Stainless steel surface for easy cleaning.
- Uses propane gas as the fuel.
Though it uses propane gas as the fuel, it can be converted and can also be used with natural gas. With 20lb gas bottle and foldable equipment, it is very easy to store and carry this grill anywhere.
The Country Smokers Highland Portable Griddle is the latest and the best flat top grills for camping and backyard cooking. It is light in weight and portable. Other features include:
- Stainless steel body with steel griddle top for producing maximum heat to cook.
- The steel top comes with pre-seasoning of plant-based organic oils to avoid the addition of oils while cooking.
- 597 sq. inch flat cooking surface.
- It has protective burner covers to avoid the disturbances of winds during the cook.
- 2 foam-covered handles for better grip of the equipment.
It also uses propane gas as the fuel and enables cooking for a minimum of 10 people easily. It delivers a power of 44,000 BTU’s for best quality cooking of all kinds of food.
The Royal Gourmet PD 1202R Grill is a portable flat top grill ideal for camping purposes. It uses propane gas as fuel and comes with the following features:
- A Porcelain-coated top with the18-inch shiny cooking surface.
- Integrated Piezo igniter for maximum and optimum power usage.
- A rectangle-shaped 12000 BTU capacity burner for efficient results.
- A slide-out grease tray to collect oil residues during cooking.
- Detachable griddle top for convenient washing.
- Sturdy feet for more stability and to avoid unnecessary movement while in use.
This flat-top grill is easy to assemble and uses 1lb propane quantity as fuel. With its small size and stainless steel body, it is easy to store and carry while having outdoor trips.
If you’re looking for an electric flat top grill, you might consider the Ikich Electric grill. Unlike the gas grills, it is smokeless which means cooking could be more fun. The other features are:
- It offers both flat and ribbed area in a single surface for a 2-in-1 cooking facility which helps in faster cooking.
- Double grease channel with tilted drain feature used to collect the excess residue while cooking.
- It is eco-friendly as it doesn’t generate harmful smokes like the gas flat-top grills. Also doesn’t cause fire hazards.
- It is equipped with a 5 – level thermostat for cooking all kinds of food like veggies, meat, seafood etc.
- Even heating system throughout its surface for uniform cooking.
It is very handy and doesn’t require much space. Its cleaning is also very easy because of its portable body. Other than grilling and cooking food like vegetables and meat, it can be used for making pancakes as well. With all these extra benefits, it is the best flat top grills for those with kids around them.
Along with the flat top grill, heir accessories are also available on amazon.com. Even the pans and pots we use in our regular cooking could also be placed directly on the grill for flexible cooking.
With its even cooking surface, the heat spreads radially over the grill’s surface and whatever is being cooked on it, cooks just perfectly on the best flat top grills. It’s just perfect for both indoor and outdoor cooking. Though this was originated in Mexico, the whole world is familiar and loves the flat top grills in their kitchens.
Frequently asked questions:
- Are the best flat top grill accessories available?
The accessories of flat-top grills are readily available on amazon.com. These include cleaning bricks, scrapers, spatula etc.
- How to clean the flat top grill?
The flat-top grills can be easily cleaned with a sponge or a tissue along with water both hot and cold depending on the user’s choice.
- Can the flat top grill be used to make restaurant dishes?
Most of the flat top grills available allow its users to do all kinds of cooking right from sautéing to frying.