As you can guess by the name, undermount sinks sit under the counter. The edges of the sink are beneath your countertop. This means that you get more counter space with undermount sinks. The best undermount kitchen sinks will highlight your counter and create attractive lines in your kitchen. It is also to clean up because you can slide the food and liquid messes right into the sink. Cleaning is a bit of a pickle with overmount sinks because there is a slight lip due to the edges of the sink. Undermount sinks are also deeper than other sinks, which are suitable for cleaning large pots and pans.
Although you should make sure that your countertop can take the weight of an undermount sink. Also, make sure that the countertop is non-porous or water-resistant like granite. When installed properly, the undermount sink will give your kitchen a sleek and attractive look. It has great looks and many uses and it is the better choice. Undermount sinks allow you to place the faucet anywhere you want. There will be no pre-existing holes so the sink configuration will not matter. They offer more counter space and enhance the aesthetics of your kitchen. Undermount sinks have great designs and have become a luxury that is affordable for everyone.
- 1 Best Undermount Kitchen Sink – Buying Guide
- 2 Best Undermount Kitchen Sink Reviews
- 3 Frequently asked questions
Best Undermount Kitchen Sink – Buying Guide
Undermount sinks have many advantages but let us look at some things to consider before you buy the best undermount kitchen sinks for you.
Factors to consider about best undermount kitchen sink
- Material- best undermount kitchen sinks come in different materials and there are a lot of options to choose from. Few materials are stainless steel, granite, cast iron, porcelain, marble, etc. The material of the sink should depend upon how much use you are going to get out of it. The most durable kitchen sinks are made from stainless steel. It does not stain and is easy to clean. Porcelain, however, is prone to stains and requires more frequent cleaning. Granite sinks may chip from the edges if used heavily. So, choose your sink material wisely!
- Size- The size of the sink depends upon how much counter space you have. You should also take the amount of usage into consideration. If you are an avid cook, then go for a bigger sink. But if you do not use the sink much and don’t have many dishes to clean then a smaller sink will also work for you. All the best undermount kitchen sinks come in standard sizes to suit every purpose. Also, think about the depth of the sink. A deeper sink will easily accommodate larger utensils. Think about the overall size of your kitchen and then choose a size.
- Single or double bowl- Whether you should get a single or a double bowl sink depends on your needs. Consider your style of cooking and cleaning and then decide. Some people find it useful to have a divider in between their sink. You can keep the dirty dishes in one sink and leave the other sink empty for other purposes. You can also use one sink for washing and the other for rinsing. Although, if you entertain large parties and have a large pile of dirty dishes then it is better to have one big sink rather than dividing the space.
- Quality- Keep in mind that looks are not everything. Your sink may look shiny and fancy but if it does not meet your requirements then it is a waste of your money and time. There are many fake knock-offs available so you need to carefully inspect each model. It is better to buy a sink from reputable brands like Kraus and Elkay. These brands have remarkable reviews and the testimony of many customers to prove that they sell good quality products. All the best undermount kitchen sinks have been tested thoroughly and proven that they are worth every penny.
Best Undermount Kitchen Sink Reviews
Let us review some of the best undermount kitchen sinks available so that you can make a good and informed choice.
This is a well-rated and highly popular sink made from stainless steel with a satin finish. It has a remarkable 16-gauge construction which is dent-resistant and provides high durability. The real 16-gauge is the thickest metal and will never chip or break. Stainless less is not prone to any spots so it can be maintained easily.
The outer coating protects the sink from rust and corrosion. It is equipped with an advanced NoiseDefend soundproofing technology with thick pads covering 80% of the sink to absorb most of the sound and vibrations. It is also undercoated with a non-toxic sound guard. The sound barrier provides improved insulation and kills any extra noise.
This large kitchen sink has a depth of 10 inches and it can easily fit large piles of dishes and big sized utensils. This is the best undermount kitchen sinks. It has rounded corners for easy cleaning. There are specially engineered grooves for complete water drainage. The base is gently sloped so that the water does not collect between dishes and the optimized angle prevents any glassware from falling when placed in the sink.
- It provides a lifetime limited warranty and exceptional customer service.
- It comes with accessories like a kitchen towel, a bottom grid, and a basket strainer.
- The basket strainer works with garbage disposal also.
- The protective coating prevents condensation build-up.
- It requires a minimum cabinet size of 33 inches for proper installation.
This is not just a sink, this is a workstation. It comes with so many accessories that will serve all of your purposes. It includes a cutting board made from mahogany hardwood that covers the same width as the sink. It is very sturdy and not susceptible to cracks. It comes with a stainless steel colander that is ideal for washing and drying fruits and vegetables. Another accessory is a roll-up rack that is made from stainless steel bars and a flexible silicone frame.
You can easily fold it and store it. It can be spread over the sink and you keep the clean dishes on it to dry. It is very strong and can hold heavy pots and pans. It also consists of a stainless steel bottom grate to avoid any scratches on the sink and it acts likes a drying rack for washed dishes. It also has a high-quality stainless strainer with a cover to fill water in the sink. It works fine with garbage disposal also. The 32-inch best undermount kitchen sinks are made from stainless steel and real 16-gauge metal for longer durability and toughness.
- It is dent-resistant and prevents rusting and corrosion.
- It provides limited lifetime maintenance.
- The X shaped grooves ensure full water drainage.
- It’s equipped with extra tick pads to absorb noise from waste disposal and dishwashing.
- The paint coating prevents condensation build-up and prevents the cabinets from getting damaged.
This is a white colored sink that is made from granite composite material. It is 33.5 inches long and 22 inches wide. It has a depth of 9.5 inches and it is designed to fit in a cabinet that is at least 36 inches wide. It is a large bowl with high capacity. It has ample space for cleaning and rinsing the dishes. It can be installed as a drop-in or undermount.
The package includes installation clips. The other accessories like a grid and a cutting board are optional. This model has been tested for scratches and passed with flying colors! You can load knives, dishes, pans, and pots, and it will not scratch or stain the sink. The sink is highly durable and looks as good as new even after years of installation.
It has a smooth surface that is easy to clean. It means there are no mold growth and no damage to the granite material. You don’t have to worry about keeping hot utensils in the sink because this sink is heat resistant. The surface is non-porous and prevents any stains or spots.
- It is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
- It is dirt-resistant and prevents any water build-up.
- The granite sink is the perfect combination of design and function.
- It has a matte finish and looks beautiful.
- This is the best white undermount kitchen sink.
This sink has a double bowl configuration. One part has 60% of the space and the other has 40% space. You can also get it in a 50/50 configuration. It contains various accessories. The scratch guard bottom grate prevents scratches from dishes.
You can also keep large utensils on it for drying. It has two sets of drain strainers with stoppers for both sinks. It also has two sets of food colander set to wash fruits and vegetables. It includes other things like a stainless sink caddy with suction and mounting brackets for installation. All these amazing accessories will turn your sink into a workstation and it will save a lot of space. This is the best undermount double kitchen sink. It is manufactured from stainless steel and 100% pure 16-gauge metal which is 1.5 mm thick. The stainless steel is specially designed to be rust and corrosion-resistant.
Stainless steel is a very durable material but it can still get scratches so use the bottom grate to avoid that. It has curved corners for easy cleaning and maintenance. The sink has specially engineered X shaped grooves in all four directions for easy drainage of water. It does not let any water to collect between dishes. The basin is extra deep for accommodating large pots and pans. It will blend in naturally in your kitchen and keep it modern.
- It has a brushes stainless steel finish.
- It has a lifetime warranty.
- It provides 2.5 times better sound insulation and effectively cancels noise.
- It works with any waste disposer.
- It is made from non-toxic and lead-free materials to ensure the safety of your family.
This is a large-sized single bowl undermount sink. It comes in many colors that will go great with any countertop. You can get any color to match your style and décor. The undivided space is big enough to stack dishes and gives you ample space to wash large pots and pans. The sink is made out of 9 mm thick quartz composite material.
The sink is exceptionally large with a length of 33 inches and a width of 26.75 inches. It is 16.06 inches deep. This sink has high durability and strength. The fine quartz material does not get chipped or cracked. The material does not get damaged from hot pans. It is heat-resistant and it is designed to bear temperatures up to 535o Fahrenheit.
The silky and non-porous surface prevents food and liquid from sticking to the surface. This ensures complete hygiene and prevents the growth of bacteria or mold. The clean-up takes only 30 seconds a day, all you need is a damp cloth and soap water. It will stay spot-free for a long time. It is also less prone to scratches. You can fit any drainer and it will work well with waste disposers also.
- All the colors are vibrant and have UV-stable resins.
- The thick material is naturally noise-resistant.
- There is a downward slope at the base for proper drainage.
- You need to have a 36 inches wide cabinet to install this sink.
- There are no hard water stains on the sink surface.
This is a 32-inch wide kitchen sink with a depth of 10 inches. It is deep enough for you to stack a high pile of dishes or large pots. It requires a 36-inch wide cabinet for installation. This sink has remarkable craftsmanship. It is made from premium grade stainless steel and 16 gauge metal. The stainless steel hides any scratches and matches with the utensils. It has a luxurious and commercial grade brushed satin finish.
It is very clean, and the rounded bowl structure furthermore eases the task. The base is slightly downward sloped for complete drainage. There is a bottom rinse grid included with the sink. It fits the whole sink and prevents any scratches or spots on the surface. You can keep utensils on it to dry after cleaning. A basket strainer also comes with it, which requires assembly.
The strainer will collect food crumbs that you can easily dispose of in the trash. The standard drain opening is 3.5 inches which will fit any garbage disposal system. It is UPC certified by the IAPMO and complies with the plumbing standards of ANSI and CSA. Ruvati has excellent customer service and you can directly contact if you need any replacements or spare parts.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- It has heavy-duty sound guard padding for noise cancellation.
- This is the best undermount kitchen sinks for granite countertops.
- The paint undercoating provides thermal insulation.
- There is no formation of water spots or stains from foods.
This is an undermount workstation by Kraus. It has a spacious single bowl which is 30 inches wide. You will need a 33 inches wide cabinet to fit it. It has a high capacity and plenty of room to store large utensils and dishes. It comes with various accessories that fit over the sink ledge and does not occupy any counter space. You can just slide them on the integrated ledge and turn your sink into a workstation.
It comes with a chopping board for chopping and slicing. It is made from non-porous bamboo, which is highly resilient and does not warp or crack. It also resists odor and bacteria. There is also a roll-up rack that is made from stainless steel and is coated with food-safe silicone. You can dry dishes on it and also keep hot dishes on it to protect the sink. The stainless steel grid can be used as a drying rack. It is supported by soft bumpers that protect the sink from scratches and dents.
The off-set strainer collects all the food bits and prevents them from clogging the drainpipe. It also comes with a stainless steel drain cover that blends in with the sink and it has open sides to allow complete drainage. It is made from TRU16 gauge metal which highly resists dents and scratches.
- It comes with various accessories and it has a lifetime limited warranty.
- This is the best undermount kitchen sinks for quartz countertops.
- It has extra thick rubber padding to absorb sound and vibrations.
- The protective undercoating creates a barrier against moisture and prevents the growth of bacteria or mold.
- It has a sloped bottom for easy draining.
Frequently asked questions
Who makes the best undermount kitchen sinks?
Kraus KHU100-300 makes the best undermount kitchen sinks. It has a lifetime limited warranty. Its walls are thickly padded for absorbing vibrations and the protective undercoating prevents condensation build-up. It also comes with various accessories.
What is the best brand of kitchen sink to buy?
Kraus, Elkay, and Ruvati are some of the best and most trusted brands out there. They produce versatile sinks with advanced technology. All these brands offer a warranty and various accessories to go with the sink. You cannot go wrong with any of these brands.
Are under-mount sinks better?
Undermount sinks go under the counter, that way your counter is highlighted and you get more space. It is the more efficient choice in terms of cleaning because you can directly slide the food or liquid in the sink. You need to be careful while installing the best undermount kitchen sinks.
What is the most durable kitchen sink?
The most durable material is stainless steel. It is the most resilient and sturdy material. Stainless steel sinks are easier to clean. They repel dust and do not let any stains or spots to form. They are also rust and corrosion-resistant. They have a shine to them and they work well with all countertops.