If you are a poultry farm harvester or a meat harvester you pretty much know the messy cumbersome job of mincing the meat and if proper tools like meat grinder are not available with you.
It becomes all the more cumbersome for you to probably visit a professional butcher to get your meat minced. And not only for harvesters but also for day to day cooking done by the chefs or normally at home who prefer to use freshly minced meat.
A meat grinder is a kitchen appliance meant to ease out this cumbersome job of mincing the meat to prepare delicacy savories of your favorite type of meat.
How does a meat grinder work?
It is pretty much amusing for a lot of people to watch and find out how the meat grinder works, especially given with the ease and much less cumbersome experiences involved. Well, these meat grinders are pretty simple machines designed specifically just for the task of grinding meat though at the surface they do seem a bit complex and intimidating. And the added bonus is that these come with different attachments to grind meat according to the desired consistency and flavor. The meat grinds are of two different types- an electric one and a manual one and the only difference between them are how the blades are powered.
the electric ones you just need to press a button to start the machine while
for the manual one, the machine’s arm, provided at the side has to be rotated to
mince the meat. The whole process works in three steps, let’s look at those-
- Preparation of Meat- when grinding the meat, it is best suggested not leaving it in open for long and sizing them in small to medium pieces. Make sure to refrigerate the meat for at least half an hour to semi-frozen state as it is easier to grind the meat and causes no clogging or sticking of the meat this way.
- Next, add the meat pieces to well-sanitized machine’s tube in small batches to start grinding. This ensures that there are no overloading issues or risk of clogging the meat grinder when done in small batches.
- The last step is to spin the blade which pushes forward the meat through the attached plates. This gives you the desired consistency and form is achieved.
After you are done grinding make sure to clean and sanitize the grinder thoroughly to protect it from any residue buildup. Check out the review of meat grinders by us to get the right appliance for your kitchen.
can you do with a meat grinder?
The basic use of a meat grinder is to grind meat. You can have freshly ground meat for your recipes. Grinders with different blade sizes can produce different coarseness in meat. This will help in preparing different recipes at home which one could only enjoy in restaurants.
Meat grinder can also be used to-
- Make sausages from any meat and of varied coarseness
- Make burger patty with desired amount of fat
- Grind bones along with the raw meat
- Grind cookie dough for those soft, delicious perfectly baked cookies
- Grind vegetables for making pickles or any other specialty
You can also use it to make any other meat/vegetable dishes which require ground meat/vegetables
a meat grinder grind bones?
Yes and No! The grinder can very easily grind bones along with the raw meat only if it was made for that.
Before buying a new meat grinder please check if it is indeed made for grinding bones.
So, it would be fair enough to say that the meat grinder is a multipurpose and multi-functional machine which saves a ton of your time and energy with very less investment.