Waffles are the perfect breakfast. They are quite delicious and everybody’s favorite. To make waffles for breakfast for your whole family you will need a large waffle maker. We will go over the factors to look at before buying a waffle maker and the best models for large waffle makers in this article.
- 1 Best Large Waffle Maker – Buying Guide
- 2 Best Large Waffle Maker Reviews
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
Best Large Waffle Maker – Buying Guide
A good waffle maker will allow you to make the best and delicious waffles without struggling with it. If your utensil is not perfect, it might take you a lot of effort to make good waffles. This process can be frustrating. This is why it is important to know about the features of a waffle maker that make it perfect.
Factors To Look For While Buying A Large Waffle Maker
Following is a list of factors that will help you to distinguish between a good and a bad waffle maker.
- Number Of Waffles
You can make only a certain amount of waffles in a waffle maker at a time. This is the most important factor when looking to buy a waffle maker. Waffles makers provide plenty of options when it comes to this. Small waffle irons can prepare one or two waffles at a time. Since in this article we are talking about large waffle makers, we will stick with that here. A large waffle maker is also available with a lot of options. You can go with four or six waffles at a time, or even more than that!
The perfect number that you should go for will depend on the size of your family. If you have a medium-sized family, you will find that a four at a time waffle maker works fine. But if you have to feed more people regularly, it is a good idea to look for a large waffle maker.
- Waffle type
The two most popular styles of waffles are the Belgian style waffle and the American style waffle. They require different types of waffle makers. You can not cook Belgian waffles in an American style waffle maker and vice versa. The Belgian waffles have deep grooves or pockets. These grooves can easily hold toppings and syrups etc. If you like this kind of waffle you are better off buying a Belgian style waffle maker. If you like American waffles, which are on the thinner side, you should go for a classic waffle maker.
The quality of the construction of the waffle maker should hold good. A bad quality product will have a short lifetime. It will serve well for a few uses. After that, it will start degrading. And who wants to spend their money on products that will not serve for a long time? Hence you should always check the quality of construction of the waffle maker before buying it.
- Non-stick plates
A waffle maker with non-stick plates will offer a lot of features that will make using it easy. First of all, your batter will not stick on the plates, and you will be able to take out the waffle easily. A non-stick waffle maker allows you to use less butter or oil. Then you can make healthier waffles. Cleaning out the waffle scraps from the grooves of the plates is a very frustrating task. Non-stick plates will also make cleaning the waffle maker a breeze. Hence non-stick plates are the way to go.
- Removable Grids
It is not an absolute necessity to buy a waffle maker that has removable grids. But it will definitely make your work easier. A waffle maker with removable grids will allow you to undo the grills. You can then wash them in the dishwasher or the sink. You will not be able to do so with the models that have fixed grids. You can not use water at all to clean them as it can damage the electrical system. To clean fixed grills you can wipe them with a paper towel.
- Even Cooking
It is very important to buy a waffle maker model that cooks the waffle evenly from all sides. Otherwise, your waffles will be either good in the middle section and undercooked on the sides. Or it can be good in the outer sections but overcooked in the middle. Low-quality waffle makers focus more heat on the inner side than the outer sides. This is the reason for uneven cooking. That is why it is so important to spend money on an evenly cooking waffle maker.
- Proper Indicators
Good models come with an indicator light that shows you when the waffle iron is hot enough. If the iron is not hot enough when you pour in the batter, it will create a problem. Firstly, the waffles will not cook properly. Secondly, it will stick to the iron and make it hard to clean. Guessing if the iron is hot enough is difficult and a risky game. Good waffle maker models will include a small light that will light up when the iron gets properly hot. This way you can cook perfect waffles every time.
- Ready chime
It is not possible for everyone to wait in the kitchen for the waffle to get ready. We have a lot of work around the house and there is a lot of chance that we can get distracted while doing them. Here we stand the risk of forgetting about the waffle. It can get turned by the time we return to it. To solve this problem, good models come with a ready chime. The waffle maker will produce a chime sound to let you know that the waffle is ready now. It will grab your attention and you will get perfect waffles without waiting in the kitchen.
- Several Browning Levels
Choose a waffle maker that has an option for multiple browning levels. It will allow you to control how well done your waffles are. You can make waffles according to each person’s choices and preferences. Good waffle makers come with up to seven different levels of browning. Each level imparts a unique flavor and textures to the waffles.
You should look for a waffle maker that is easy to store. Especially if you are not going to use your waffle maker daily, you should find one that will be easy to store. Models that have an option for locking them are the best choice. Some models can stand on their sides too, making them easy to keep in a narrow area. The wire should be easily foldable so that it will not create clutter.
- Extra features
Apart from the above features, waffle maker models provide additional features to increase your comfort. For example, a flip model will help you to get even browning as it allows you to flip the appliance in between of the cooking process. Other models are available with drip catching trays. These trays will catch any dripping batter and will make cleaning easier. You can also get models with an auto shut off function. However, these extra features come at an extra cost. So it is upon you to decide which features you want and which you can do without. It will also largely depend on your budget.
Best Large Waffle Maker Reviews
Now that you know the factors that are necessary to consider before buying a waffle maker, it is time to look at the products. Following is the list of our top choices. They all have their unique features.
This waffle maker by Cuisinart is an amazing choice for any waffle lover. It will allow you to make restaurant-grade waffles. It has two levels, which means you can cook two large waffles simultaneously! It is sturdy. This appliance will never let you down and will make perfect waffles every time. The long electric cord allows you to place the appliance easily on the countertop. It has a flip feature to ensure even cooking on both sides. The features of this waffle maker are as follows:
- It makes two deep-pocket Belgian waffles at the same time.
- It has a rotary feature to flip each waffle 180 degrees.
- It has a 6-setting browning control knob.
- LED lights and chime to indicate when the unit is ready to cook and when waffles are done.
- The measurements of this waffle maker are 15.50 L x 9.75 W x 9.30 H inches.
- It has a long cord measuring 36 inches.
- It weighs almost 13 pounds.
- The outer body is of silver color, the inner body is black.
- It runs on 1400 watts of power.
- The grids have a nonstick coating on them.
- It comes with a measuring cup.
This waffle maker by DASH comes equipped with the no-drip feature. The product is designed to catch any extra batter so that it doesn’t spill over your countertop. It has a safety handle feature to protect your fingers. The design is space-saving too. It can be stored upright. The product has non-slippery feet to make it more stable and safer to use. Other features worth mentioning are:
- The waffle style is Belgian.
- You can make 4 waffles at once.
- No spills from overflowing batter.
- It provides even cooking and consistent results.
- The non-stick surface helps you get the waffles out easily and makes cleaning a breeze.
- Indicator light to tell you when it is ready.
- It has a compact design that makes it easy to store.
- It includes a recipe book.
- This appliance runs on 1200 watts of power.
- The measurements of the product are 12.50 x 11.30 x 4.60 inches.
- The weight is around 7.8 pounds.
- The body is made from a combination of plastic and metal.
- It is available in trendy colors.
This waffle maker by BLACK+DECKER is actually 3 appliances in one. It works like a waffle iron, a grill, and a griddle. You can use it for toasting, frying, and make waffles. This feature alone makes it a large waffle maker. It has reversible cooking plates that allow this appliance to do so. These plates are quite tough and non-stick. However, you should not put them in a dishwasher. It has a sturdy body that will last for years. Other features of this waffle maker are:
- You can make up to 8 waffles at once.
- It is a versatile three-in-one appliance: waffle maker, grill, griddle.
- Large waffle maker.
- It has reversible cooking plates.
- The cooking plates are non-stick.
- It has adjustable temperature controls.
- It has a grease run-off channel to carry away extra oil.
- The measurements are 11.75 L x 11.5 W x 5 H inches.
- It has an indicator light to tell you the correct temperature for putting in the batter.
- Item weight is 8.57 pounds.
- It has stay-cool handles for safe handling.
- The design allows it to stay upright for easy storage.
This sleek waffle maker by AICOOK gives you perfect waffles every time. You can also use this appliance to make paninis, hash browns, and even biscuit pizzas. It is very fast. It can make four batches of waffles in under ten minutes. The flipping action of the waffle maker ensures that the waffle gets cooked evenly. The other features of this waffle maker are as follows:
- It can make 4 batches of waffle in under 10 minutes.
- It can flip over 180 degrees to provide even heating.
- The non-stick coating uses less oil and provides easy cleanup.
- Anti-skid legs provide grip and prevent slipping.
- Indicator light to show when it is ready to pour the batter and when the waffle is fully cooked.
- It has customizable heating options.
- It has safe to touch stay-cool handles.
- It has a removable drip tray to catch drippings.
- It runs on 1000 watts of power.
- The measurements of this model are 15.12 x 6.5 x 10.35 inches.
- The weight is 4.99 pounds.
- It can be stored vertically and comes with the option of cable storage.
This waffle maker by Presto will give you amazing Belgian style waffles. It is available in a variety of colors. It is compact and lightweight. It has a flipping function to ensure even cooking of the waffles. It gives you waffles that are crispy all around. It has a durable stainless steel body. It features vertical storage. Other features of this waffle maker are as follows:
- It has an extra-thick grid for less heat dissipation.
- It has a 180 degree flipping function to help batter spread evenly.
- It has a timer to indicate when the waffle has coked completely.
- It has a little screen to display how much time is left for a properly cooked waffle.
- It has a brushed stainless steel exterior.
- The ceramic interior of the waffle maker is non-stick and can be easily wiped clean.
- It runs on 1100 watts of power.
- The measurements of this model are 12 x 12 x 3 inches.
- It weighs 1 pound.
- It is compact and can be stored in a vertical position.
This waffle maker by Faberware bakes 4 square waffles at a time. It is made of stainless steel that gives it sturdy build quality. Food will not stick to it so it is easy to clean this waffle maker. The power and ready lights included in the waffle maker will make it easy for you to cook without doing the guesswork. You can use the variable browning control given in the appliance to get your preferred level of browning. You can enjoy waffles from light and fluffy to a crisp and golden brown. The other features of this waffle maker are as follows:
- You can bake four waffles at a time.
- It has deep waffle grids.
- It has a non-stick interior surface which is easy to clean.
- This model has power and ready lights included in its design.
- The browning level of the waffles can be controlled easily.
- It runs on 1200 watts of power.
- It comes with a measuring scoop.
- The measurements are 13.85 L x 10.8 W x 5.4 H inches.
- The weight of this waffle maker is 6.1 pounds.
Krups Belgian waffle maker comes with removable plates. It is available in black and silver colors. It has a special steam release system for waffles that are light and fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside. You can make breakfast cooking faster for the whole family. It offers to make 4 waffles at a time. Its deep pockets are perfect for a filling with powdered sugar, maple syrup, cream cheese, jam, or fresh fruits. Other features of this waffle maker by Krups are as follows:
- You can bake up to 4 square Belgian waffles at a time.
- The waffles have extra-deep pockets.
- It has plates with a nonstick coating for effortless food release and easy cleaning.
- It has removable grids that are dishwasher safe.
- You can choose from 5 adjustable browning levels.
- It has a red-colored light indicator to let you know that the plates are ready for the batter.
- And a green light indicator to tell that the waffles are done.
- It has a stainless steel outer body.
- It provides an easy storage option due to its compact design.
- It also has a cord wrap and a handle lock for easy storage.
- The measurements are 12.6 L x 6.7 W x 16.5 H inches.
- This model weighs 6 pounds.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are flip waffle makers better?
Flip waffle makers can rotate 180 degrees. It allows the batter to get spread evenly in the whole grid. This will give you a crispier and evenly cooked waffle. This is why flip waffle makers are considered the best waffle makers.
Which extra large waffle maker is the best?
BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Waffle Maker is the best extra large waffle maker. Generally, you can cook 4 waffles at once with it. But if needed, it can cook even 8 waffles at once! And that’s just half of the story. This is actually 3 appliances in one! It can function as a waffle maker, a grill, and a griddle. You can use it for making waffles, frying, and grilling. That is more than what you can expect from a waffle maker. It makes this model a perfect choice for a multipurpose kitchen appliance.
What is the benefit of a large waffle maker with removable plates?
A large waffle maker with removable plates is easier to clean than regular ones. You can just remove the grids and wash them in the sink. With regular waffle makers, you would not be able to do so. You will have to make do with wiping the grids with a paper towel.
What are the best large waffle makers?
- Cuisinart WAF-F20 Double Belgian Waffle Maker
- DASH No-Drip Belgian Waffle Maker
- BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Waffle Maker
- AICOOK Waffle Queen Belgian Waffle Maker
- Presto 03510 Belgian Waffle Maker
- Farberware 4-Slice Waffle Maker
- KRUPS Belgian Waffle Maker GQ502
What goes well with waffles?
You can eat waffles with a variety of condiments. You can never go wrong with the classic maple syrup. You can also substitute it for honey. You can put fresh fruits and berries on your waffles. You can get creative and try topping your waffle with yogurt or chopped nuts. If you want a savory profile, you can go with bacon or scrambled eggs. Salsa makes a good waffle topping too. You can also go with mushrooms or tomatoes to bring out the umami flavor. Or if you are feeling extra, you can try avocado!